Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!
Today was a pretty good day. Mom and I worked like crazy to get everything done, and sure enough, we did! Now it's 6:17 at night, dark, cold and windy outside, and I. Am. FULL. =D (No supper for me, people!)
Some of our extended family came over, and we had a really good time. Two of my cousins that I don't get to see often, and love very much, got to come, and we talked and had great fellowship. After lunch, (more like a feast!), we did this thing we had done a few years ago, where we each have six colored "rocks", (more like the glassy decorative things you buy in the stores:), and passed a vase around the table, one at a time saying something we are thankful for, and putting the rocks in the vase. Just a fun thing we did. =) I'll list a few of the things I stated in a minute.
On that note, I want to post some Scripture verses that dad read earlier this evening.

Deuteronomy 8:10:
And you shall eat and be full, and you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land He has given you.


 Psalm 100:4:
Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name!

Psalm 107:22:
Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of His deeds in songs of joy!

Colossians 1:12:
...giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints of light.

That's what we should be doing on Thanksgiving. Now I want to list some of the things I'm thankful for:

1. My salvation. That Christ chose me from before the foundation of the world, and that I will never, ever lose my salvation.
2. The Bible. That we have God's own word in our hands, and that we are so privileged to be able to read it.
3. Family; immediate and extended. Parents, siblings. That I've got the chance to be raised better than my parents were, (and have parents willing to do that!) and I have a head start in a wicked generation.
4. My best friend. For all my friends! For those who, aside from my parents, are there to walk with me on the same road. Friends trip together, and get back up together, and keep fighting. ALWAYS thank the Lord for that person in your life that you'll always have to be friends with...you know too much about him or her! >;)
5. The roof above my head and the clothes on my back. The warmth of my bed that I will be able to crawl into tonight, safe and sound, knowing that I have a God who will always provide for me and watch over me, and that my Guardian Angel will be there.
6. For my church family, those who we grow in Christ with. We have our fall-backs, our mess-ups, but hey...we're brothers and sisters! We're a family! We have a Father who corrects us, turns us around, and keeps us going!
7. That I am so blessed to be Homeschooled. That my parents were called by Christ to do this.
8. For life. FOR LIFE!!!! LIFE IS GOOD! LIFE IS AWESOME! LIFE IS THE MOST AMAZING THING!!!!! LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE!!! LIFE IS DRAMA!!!
9. For where I live. For the fresh, mountain air I breathe everyday. For all of the little things in life, like a hot cup of peppermint tea, a mug of caramel macchiato or peppermint mocha, the flowers you pick in spring, the small breeze that kisses your face, the moment you close your eyes and take it all in, the nicker of a horse, the sensation of hot water from the shower head waking you up, the warmth of a hoodie wrapped around your body, the quiet moments in the morning where the people in your mind are there with you in your room, and you talk to them, you talk to yourself; your thoughts are so loud, it's almost like you're actually talking, the moments you get to read the Bible, God's Word, and think about it. The sound of your family talking in the other room as you sit at the computer, your fingers tapping the keyboard, watching the words appear on the screen, the sound of the wind moaning around the corner of the house, the wind chimes eerily singing....
these are the small things I love. (For horse kisses, too!!!!!!)
10. Thoughts. Feelings. Emotions. That I'm a girl! That even though tears come when you're sad, they almost seem to revive you. That I'm so full of emotions sometimes, I want to explode! That sometimes I just want to run into the wind and scream and spin, loving life and everything in it. 
THANK YOU LORD, FOR LIFE! 


No comments: