Monday, May 16, 2011

Life is Good

Yes...Life is very good.
I've recently been enjoying it immensely.
We got our bees Saturday night, too! They're buzzing around and being...well...busy little bees. 0.--
It's very interesting to watch, if I do say so myself.

God is amazing. He's given me a family that, yeah, let's face it: can be very annoying sometimes - but I LOVE them, and I'm sure I can be pretty annoying too. (There's plenty of times where they'd like to kick me out the door - and the other way around! ^.^)  He's given me friends that pray with me and make me laugh until I die (again). He's given me my Best Friend that is totally top of the world - I could never, ever ever ever ever EVER ask for a better one!
He's blessed me with such a great place to live. It'll be hard for me to leave!




The other day I had what I call a "Once in a Summer" moment....
I shall now attempt to paint it for you using the brush of words....
It was raining. All day - rain. I love the rain. I was happy. It came from gray skies, sometimes in a mist, other times in a downpour that I could barely contain myself from running out into and dancing in. Lightening would cut the skies, and the Lord's army was next heard as they marched along. The thunder would rumble, rise to a mountainous peak, and then fade.
During such a downpour, I walked out onto the front porch. The clouds swirled, the sharp staccato of rain all around. It was beautiful. Warm. I sat on the rail of the porch, back against the wall, one leg dangling off and swinging quietly back and forth. The tree beside the porch drooped with the rain. I picked a wet leaf, held my hand out, let the rain cry on it. I took in a deep breath, smelling the refreshing scent of dampened plants. It was good.
As I looked back over the porch, I was thinking to myself how long ago it was that I first walked around on the thing. There was no cover, no fence, no landscaping - my eyes went to our pasture, the tall, strong barn standing there - no barn, no pasture. It was nothing. Just woods. Eleven years ago....just woods.
I never thought at 6 years old that I'd be sitting there that day, 16 years old, watching it rain. Knowing the people I know, having been to the places I've been, having all the things in my heart that I have.

...It was wonderful.
It was Once in a Summer...

Always Fighting,
-Han

No comments: