Monday, August 8, 2011

Fearless

Photo from Google Images

 
"Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
                                                Isaiah 41:10

The days tick by, and I find myself enjoying seventeen. It's already the 8th of August - I can hardly believe it. Soon fall will breeze in, casting bright leaves in front of it. Her breath will be cold, but I'll enjoy it, because Autumn is my favorite season.
        The above verse I've posted is one I've been memorizing. I was sitting out on the front porch a couple of days ago on the sing, back and forth, back and forth, watching the gray skies. I had the card in my hand, quoting it over and over until it stuck. The clouds were dark, and soon it began to pour. I so enjoyed sitting there with Jesus. I talked to Him about a lot of things.
        I have a feeling that seventeen is going to be a full year. Who knows? Maybe something really amazing will happen. But, after all, it's just a feeling.
        I've also found that already, I'm enjoying writing very much - I'd lost my touch a while back, but I'm getting the hang of it again, and the sound of words mingling with emotions is amazing. I love the way it laughs, the way it cries. It's enchanting.
     
          Life is good, but above all, God is good - He's showing me things that "the eye has not seen nor the ear has heard" - the "wonders that He will do for us."
          As I carefully wrote a letter yesterday, making sure the print was clear so the person getting it could read it, I thought about this. He's working in me - maybe He's working through me. I hope so. Do I sometimes worry? Yeah, you bet. But when all's said and done - I'm fearless through Him who strengthens me. Will I offend someone with the words I confront them with, only because I love them? Probably. Will they be tossed in the trash? I don't know. But I do know this: they were placed in my heart for a reason - and I'm going to give those words to them, even if it hurts, because I know that He has a plan. I felt God prompting me, so I obeyed. He's the potter, and I'm the clay - and with God, all things are possible.


Fighting.
- Hannah

2 comments:

Argentia Krystofel said...

Great post. Sometimes, it's hard to remember that He's the Potter and we are the clay, but we have to! :) I love you, girl.

And what you said about the letter was moving. Even if what we say is discarded, we said it for His glory, in obedience to Him, so there's nothing we can do about whether the person throws it away or not. That was encouraging. :)

-Argent

Hannah Leigh said...

I'm glad you liked it - just something I wanted to say. :) Of course, I hope it's NOT thrown away - I hope God works in the people we speak/write to so that they'll listen and consider.
Who knows? Hey, with God, all things are possible. :)