Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow, Snow, Everywhere


So... this is what I woke up to this morning.
Snow.
Piles and piles of snow.
Ten whole inches of snow.

It's very pretty, but is melting fast. I just came inside maybe 30 minutes ago from sledding all morning, and am now happily settled here in my favorite hoodie, neon-green Skittles socks, and a wonderful mug of steaming hot chocolate in front of me. (It's delicious - thanks, mom!)
As much as I'm enjoying this feeling, I can't help but be a little disappointed, because tonight we were supposed to go to our church in Wytheville and spend time with friends, and then bring three of the guys home to have a sleep over for Nathan's Birthday (which is today, by way of announcement.) EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. this happens. My brother was BORN on a dark and stormy night, and from hence forth, t'was cursed, because there's always a snow storm and his birthday has to be delayed. (I honestly don't know why we plan stuff then...)

ANYWAY - yes, the snow is beautiful. No, I'm not too thrilled that we had to cancel everything. However, the plans will carry on next Friday, so I shall enjoy the snow while I can. :)

Here's some pictures from our escapade this morning...











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

It looks like you all had SO much fun! It was beautiful here too and I hope I can sled again tomorrow. =) You take lovely pictures, the one with the sun behind the frosted trees is my favorite of the nature shots. Can't top the live action ones!!!

Luv,
Megan

ellen corboy said...

O my gosh Hannah!! It look's so beautiful!!
Your so lucky to have woken up to a blanket of snow covering the country side :)

Funny, I woke up to our whole farm covered in smoke!, It was so thick we couldn't even see the stables from our house! =/
Apparently there is a bad bushfire near Bendigo =/ and 40 of them over the border of NSW.
Hope they don't come near us!! =O

Sent your letter btw :)

Nelly xx

Hannah Leigh said...

Megan - Thanks so much! I love those pictures. =D Happy Birthday, by the way! Hope to see you tomorrow!

Nelly - I saw the picture you sent me; I hope you stay safe! Please keep me updated as to how the fire progresses. I'll be on the lookout for your letter!

- hannah