Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sculpting....

Hi friends!
I decided to do a quick post today; it's storming, and a good day for posting! :D At the Home School Conference, I bought some modeling clay. I LOVE modeling clay, and try to buy some every year. Anyway, I got a big chunk of it, and as soon as I got home, the next day, I made a "bust" of a horse-head. Here is the process of doing it:
































































It took a bit of work, but the end result was wonderful! I have officially named the model "Samurai": a horse of my imagination that is completely black...as you can tell. :)

Also, I have some VERY exciting news......


Are you ready for this?

Are you sure?

Are you sitting down? (Well, of COURSE you are....you're at the com
puter....)

If you are not sitting down, (which would be absolutely ridiculous, by the way,) is there a chair close by?

Are you absolutely....

Positively....

SURE that you're ready for this?



Alright, I'll stop annoying you now. :D
....WE'RE BREEDING BELLE NEXT WEEK!!!! YAAAAAYYYY!!!! *does a dance of joy*
I'm so happy I can't believe myself! It all happened rather...suddenly....last night at Bible Study. The man we bought Belle from came over with a young man that works at his stables, and while we were finishing up supper, he said out of the blue, "Oh, and if all goes well, I was planning on picking Belle up next week." I almost dropped my fork, staring across the table at him.
"You--you mean to breed her?" He smiled at the look on my face. "Yes. I was going to try and pick her up sometime around June the first, so that if all goes well, she'll hav
e the foal next May."
....YES YES YES YES YES!!!! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!!!!! My beautiful Liberty Belle is going to have a baby next May!!!! ....If all goes well....*gulp*....
If I can, I'm going to try and get a picture of the daddy, so you all can see him. I myself haven't seen him yet, but Stacey (the man we bought Belle from,) said that he is really "handsome". :D

Anyway, I do need to close here. Oh, if you all will...pray for me. My
cat Smokey bit me about thirty minutes ago. Not on purpose, I'm sure, but she did. It started raining really hard, and I went outside to get her. Well, she really doesn't like being picked up, but I had to to get her inside. She turned around and bit my hand right under the thumb. It's not too bad, I don't think, but it's kinda sore. Mom read that 80% of cat bites get infected.....joy.....it's not too deep, but, like I said, it's stinging and sore.

Oh well....life must go on. :D

ttyl everyone!

In Christ,

~Miss Rose

18 comments:

Hannah Marie said...

That's so cool! I LOVE horses too :)

Bekah said...

BEAUTIFUL sculpture, Miss Rose!!

Bekah

Rachel said...

That is so neat, Rose! Isn't it fun creating things? You did a great job!

Oh, and about Liberty Belle. That is so cool. (:
I pray that your finger is okay, dear sister.
Have a blessed day!

In Him,
Rachel M.

Hannah Leigh said...

Elrania~
Thanks! :D

Bekah~
Thanks a bunch. :) I really enjoyed working with it....I used the whole package! :D

Rachel~
That is neat about Belle, isn't it? :)
The bite isn't on my finger, it's actually right UNDER my thumb...I'm not sure what that part of the hand is called. :D

Thanks everyone!

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU'RE BREEDING BELL, THAT IS SOOOO COOOL!!!!!
You don't have to do the tag :)
I LOVE THE SAMURAI SCULPTURE11!

Joshua said...

That is some pretty impressive artwork. I am not that artistic, but that is very neat. Great job. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

~Desiree~ said...

That looks really neat! Sounds exciting about your horse. You must be really excited, well you of course you are;)

Hannah Leigh said...

Earwen~
You took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Joshua-
Thank you! :) It takes a lot of practice.

Desiree~
I am I AM I AM I AM I AM!!!! :D

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Unknown said...

OH YAY! I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see the picture of the (Lord willing) Daddy! The sculpture is really good, I love your name for it! Sorry about your thumb, I really need to go! Hope everything goes well with Belle!!!

Hannah Leigh said...

I'm hoping to go along and get a picture before they bring him out. Stacey said that he is really "handsome", and I believe him every bit! :D Thanks for the sympathy on my thumb...I think it's getting better. :D *is very excited* :)

Talk to you later!

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Lucie Manette said...

Just for future reference...nothing a cat does is accidental.

:)

Lucie Manette said...

By the way, the bust looked GREAT!

Neesie said...

Great sculpture!!!! It looks so realistic!

That is really exciting about your horse....:-) Looking forward to next May!

Rachel Crosswhite said...

That's a great sculpture you made!
And HOOORRRRAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooooooo glad that your sweet "Mother" Belle is having a baby!!!!!!!!!!! Ohhhhhhh, I wish it wouldn't be next May...sooooo long to wait! :) (I LOVE horses!)

Luv ya Hannah~
(I'll be praying for Belle and her sweet baby) By the way, she "might" have TWINS !!

Hannah Leigh said...

Lucie~
I take it you don't like cats? :D :D
Thanks!

Neesie~
Thanks! I'm very excited, too! :D

Rachel~
That would be neat if she hat twins! I doubt it, though...1 out of the 2 almost always die, and even then, if they both made it, one would be a lot weaker because he/she didn't get as much milk as the other. :( Oh well! We will get to keep the baby for a whole year after, though, because he/she will have to be weaned. I'll be posting pictures when the time comes!

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pic's of the sire! By the way, what will you do with the foal? Will you sell it as a green horse, or will you train it to keep for yourself? If it's a colt, will you have him gelded? I'm so happy for you! What a blessing to go through the whole experience of having a foal. I'll be praying that the mating will take.

Madison M.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll also pray that she dosen't have twins. I'd be more afraid for the dam than the foals if that actually happened. And then you might have to geld and spay them after they were born. Too much stress for me!

Madison M.

Hannah Leigh said...

The first foal actually is going to be Stacey's. Then we get the second. I'm guessing that he will break him/her. :) (Thankfully!)

This is looking WAY into the future, but if we do breed Belle again after this, if it is a he, we'll either have to sell him before he becomes active so that he won't get Silkie pregnant, or geld him. A stallion usually gets better money.

ttyl!

In Christ,
~Miss Rose