Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Home! :D


I'm home....home home home home HOME! :D
I do want to be home but I don't want to be home. I LOVED the Family Bible Conference and wanted to stay for THREE more days! I got to see all of my wonderful friends...which includes some of you that just may be reading this post. *winks* :D
The teaching was very good, and I got to learn a bit more about John Calvin. This year is his 500th
Birthday...could you imagine being THAT old?! :)
I was also blessed with the opportunity to meet a couple of new friends, and greatly enjoyed their company. I got to--once again--see Rebecca Martinez from "Texan by the G
race of God". She's a dear friend and I enjoyed being with her. (I only get to see her once a year!)
Once again, they had a Barn Dance, and I got to dance NINE times! I also got to learn "Postie's Jig"...a VERY fast and fun dance. (I was going to take a video, but never got around to it.) We all enjoyed several fast and furious games of Ultimate Frisbee, and I DID take a video of that! :D (It shall be located at the bottom:) Besides being hit multiple times in the mouth and head, being whacked on the hand (which is now bruised,:) by the frisbee, and having my feet stepped on multiple times unbeknown to him by Sir_Furious from "Sir_Furious"...I lived and had a great time. :) I actually caught the frisbee a couple of times...for once in my life...:) I'm not a great frisbee player...and two of my friends in particular can testify to that!
The Barn Dance was just absolutely plain fun. Nothing more nothing less. I won't tell you who all I danced with, because you wouldn't know them. (You ought to, though...they're GREAT people! Every single one of them.) During the last Postie's Jig, they played a fast and energizing version of "Star of the County Down". I tried to find it on playlist, but, alas...to no avail. If I do find it, I shall tell you all IMMEDIATELY! :D Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get too many pictures of the dancing; and when I or my dad did, they were fuzzy. I'm afraid that you shall just have to try and make out the fuzzy ones. In these right here, I'm dancing with a young man I met. (He's in the blue shirt.) We both learned Postie's Jig together...and by Friday night we had it down pretty well! :) Daddy had been taking pictures, but the lens on my camera got stuck and wouldn't take any more until the next morning. :(









As usual, the weather fitted the mood perfectly: gray and gloomy. It was Saturday morning...and I did NOT want to leave all of my friends for a whole year. Saturday morning is always sad. Sure, there's still laughing and what-not...but I didn't want to leave.
Anyway, here are the pictures. I'm sorry about rambling so much...but I've got some other things to do before my hour on the computer is up. :( Trus
t me...I took a TON more pictures that this, but these are just some select few. :) (I've also added some pictures of myself in the choir--I'm on the far right in a pink shirt and blue/pink skirt-- and some of my friends playing the violin before a couple of the sessions.)

ttyl!
In Christ,
~Miss Rose













Goodbye 2009
Reformed Family Bible Conference!
See you Next Y
ear!






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy!! ;) It sure looks like you had a WHOLE lot of fun!!!


Säerwen.


P.S. I wish I could learn those dances (they sound like fun.)

Cassandra said...

It looks like you had a GREAT time! The dancing looks like fun and you took some great pictures.

Love your sister in Christ,
Cassie

P.S. You know my Chinese sister that we were adopting? We have some sad news about the adoption, I posted about it on my blog.

Stephanie L.S. said...

Looks like you had fun! Wish I could have gone this year!

~Desiree~ said...

Sounds like fun!! The pictures are so nice!! I am happy I you had a good time!!

Calico Zak said...

I tagged you

sarah said...

Dancing is so much fun :).

Anonymous said...

WAAAAHH!!! I wish I were there :)

Rachel Crosswhite said...

OH!!! I LOVE ULTIMANT FRISBEE!!! It is my favorite game!!
Looks like u had a great time, Rose.

Cylleruion Gwaithovorn said...

*Sigh.* I did not say you were a bad player, I pointed out a mistake hoping you would learn from it.