Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fifteen Years Old @ 6:00 AM


This morning I woke up to the sound of my CD player going off. It was still dark in the room as I groaned and rolled over in bed. Immediately, the thought passed through my head, "Oh, great, I slept in again...I bet it's after six." I sat up, rubbing sleep out of my eyes as I looked at the clock on my dresser.
Wow! 5:59! I couldn't believe it! I never get up one minute before six. :) Fifteen years ago today at 6:00 AM I was born. I sat in bed, waiting for 6:00. I smiled as it turned....I was now officially fifteen. Slowly and sleepily, I crawled out of bed. I got my coffee and went back into my room to get ready to go get breakfast with daddy. Each year on my Birthd
ay, he takes me out to breakfast at the Bluffs Restaurant up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The drive was very nice, and we saw at least eight deer. Thankfully and for the first time, I actually got a good picture of one. She was crossing the road and stopped on the other side to nibble at a bush. I was so happy I finally got one! We stopped at several overlooks on the way, and got some good pictures. We had lots of fun, to say the least. :)

Also, I took some pictures of Pippin to show you all. He's so cute! I've got a video of him, but it wouldn't load. Arg. :( I'm going to try and upload it soon, though; maybe tomorrow. Anyway, I thou
ght I'd just share that with you.
Enjoy the pictures!



In Christ,
~Miss Rose (now fifteen!:)

p.s. No, I didn't get my hair cut; it just l
ooks that way in the picture. :)










































15 comments:

~Desiree~ said...

Happy Birthday!! How has you birthday been going! Hope it is great!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Rose! God's blessings to you, dear sister. :)

Love in Him,
Rachel M.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congrdulations! Happy Birthday! Have a good evening...
In Christ,
~Sarah

Calico Zak said...

Happy Birthday
Sounds like you had a nice day.
But even if I did sleep in I wouldn't have felt that bad about it I would have said; "Wow. They must have forgotten me"

Cassandra said...

Happy birthday! Did you get the ecard that I sent you? Oh! Pippin is SOOOO cute!!!

I pray that you have a wonderful and blessed year!

Your sister in Him,
Cassie

Unknown said...

Happy (late) Birthday! :) I hope you had an awesome day!
Love the pictures! Very pretty!

~Madison

Rachel Crosswhite said...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HANNAH, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU." :D
Did you know that we went camping with our church last weekend? And Saturday was my birthday!!!!! I turned 12! And we went to the Bluff Restruant with my best friend Geneva for lunch! That was probably the BEST birthday lunch I have ever had. Usually my Dad takes the birthday girl or boy out to a special breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Oh Hannah...YOU ARE SO blessed to live only 7 miles from the parkway...you know I even envy you...(no just kidding) :D BTW have you ever eaten the bluff restruant's Fried Chicken? It's the BEST fried chicken in the whole South. :)
Well, This is getting loonngg so I better go. More like a letter, huh? :D

Abigail Pruence said...

Hi Hannah! Happy birthday! I miss you tons and can't wait till next year rolls around and I get to see you again! Your little hampster is so cute! I hope your cats don't eat him, lol. Happy Birthday, I will call you sometime soon.

God Bless Texas & you, Abigail Prudence

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH! Did you cut your hair?

Hannah Leigh said...

Hey! Sorry for getting so behind. :D

Desiree~
Thanks! Everything went well. :)

Rachel M~
Thanks so much!

Calico Zak-
Thank you. :) I know...some people don't feel bad about it, but I like being up on the dot. Not to mention, I turned fifteen at 6:00 AM, so, I sort of wanted to "see" it. =D

Cassie~
Thanks! Yes, I did get it. I meant to reply, but I had to get off. :( Thanks anyway! Love you!

Madison~
Thanks! I love the Blue Ridge Mountains...they're so pretty! =D

Rachel~
lol thanks! You were up at the Bluffs??? Why didn't you tell us?! 80 Oooooh well...maybe next time. :D We're only about twenty minutes from there...maybe just a tad longer, but not much. Unfortunately, we don't get to go up there very much; it's so easy to take God's glories for granted. :( Oh well. Thanks again, m'dear!

Abigail~
Thanks! I miss you too! So far, we are planning on being at the Retreat...I hope so! (With Belle being pregnant and all, things are kinda iffy. We should be able to be there, though...she's due in May.) Hope to see you then!

Searwen~
Thanks! No, I didn't cut it; it only looks that way in the picture. =D I thought it was kinda funny the way that turned out. :)
Thanks again!

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

Rachel Crosswhite said...

I was going to tell you...but we were VERY, and I do mean very busy packing for the whole family...there's 7, you know, and trying to keep up with everyday things. Sure...I'll try to tell you next time, okay? :D
BTW, what do you mean by 80? just wondering... :D
what is your email again? I lost it. :C

Argentia Krystofel said...

Happy Birthday!
Aww...Pip's fur was so soft, I can feel it at my fingertips just looking at the photo. I'm going to have to come up to your house again soon to say hello to him!

-Autumn

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rose!!! I just LOVE you name, I have always loved Rose! Hope you had a GREAT birthday! It sounds like you had LOTS of fun. Keep up the good posts.

Mary

Lucie Manette said...

Happy *belated* birthday!!!

Abigail Hastings said...

I know it is a little late now, but Happy birthday! I love dear and the pic you gor was reallly good.(and cute)