Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chocolate, Cheese, and Apple Pie Filling

Yes, you're gonna think this is gross, but it's DELICIOUS!!!! Watch the video! Really, try it! =D

We've been canning apples most of the afternoon. I'm feeling very frugal at the moment: we've canned four quarts of apple-pie filling, ("I don't want to be a pie!!" And if you haven't seen Chicken Run, you won't get that:), have a crockpot full of home-made apple sauce going, are drying out sliced tomatoes, made home-made chocolate syrup, and have two one-gallon jugs of apple peelings fermenting for vinegar!  (Though I HATE vinegar, it's neat that we're making our own!) 
Ah...a satisfying day. =) And thank goodness for BFFs; moms and adopted sisters alike! (Speaking of which, I just remembered I've got to send out a letter to the afore said BFF...>.>)
So, it's the end of the day. A good day, for the most part. The only bad part is my muscles are KILLING me! 60 sit-ups, 60 curls, 40 squats, and a mile-long jog...every day. It's been cool and windy, and trust me, washing the dishes with a fresh, woodsy smelling wind rushing through the open window in front of you is GREAT! Now it's getting dark, but that has more to do with the gray clouds that are gathering and brewing above the mountain. Maybe it'll rain! The branches on the Big Pine are swaying. It's fairly quiet and dark in the house save the kitchen light, and good ol' mom still puttering about with end of the day chores. (Ah, yes, and my key-board clicking.) (And...Bekah playing in her room...and Marshal the dog shifting around in his cage...and Classical Music from the radio...) Okay, so maybe it's not all THAT quiet, but it's nice. :)

Anyway, there's my evening post!
Mission complete! No doubt!


*waves*
Goodbye!!! Goodniiiiiigghhtt!!!!

-Han

No comments: