Tuesday, November 2, 2010

From the Bottom to the Top of the World in 2 Hours

Yep, that's right! Okay, well, maybe not the literal "bottom" and the literal "top", but close enough! Yesterday we went to Linville Caverns, and then left from there and went to Grandfather Mountain. Bottom to Top. The caverns were AWESOME! I've never been in a cave before, so it was a new experience! It was cold, damp, and dark, save for the lights they had installed in the walls. I didn't get to take too many pictures because of the lighting, but I did take several videos that I'll put up for you. It was amazing to see the rocks and formations with my own eyes; I've only seen stuff like that in magazines! WOW! (Can you tell I loved it???)
After we had done that, we went to Grandfather Mountain. Talk about a huge difference! Standing a 1 mile above sea level, it was cold and windy, but the view was beautiful!
Anyway, here's the pictures from the trip, as well as the videos.

Bye!
-Han




These deer were standing by the side of the road and weren't afraid of us!
Can you see that deer? It was in the parking lot and Grandfather Mountain, and wasn't scared.
There was a small zoo up there on the mountain, so we went and stayed a while.
Redwall, anyone?
Top of the World!!!
Here's just one video from the caverns...I'll do more later, because I don't have time now, but I will get them up! =D

No comments: