Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

 
Wow, I haven't done one of these in a while! I'm gonna do one, right now!
 
 
 
FOR TODAY: January 17, 2011
Outside my window… Gray and cold. A faint breeze is stirring the tops of the pines, whispering to them strange secrets and carrying the scent of the mountains.

I am thinking… About how to type my words and make them flow like a blotch of ink that just escaped onto fine paper, leaving a smudge that somehow adds character.
I am thankful for… God's word to me and everyone else. That I can rely on Him no matter what, and that He hears my prayers.

From the kitchen… Silence. Nothing but the little noises such as the hum of the heater, the tik-tik-tok of that annoying clock...

I am wearing… Knee-length gray, ruffled skirt with black leggings, my fuzzy pink socks with snowflakes, and my Old Navy deep blue hoodie that I simply love.

I am creating… Well, my friend just got me inspired to re-decorate my room...which is probably what I'll be doing. =)

I am going… Nowhere. I'm here in my home, safe and warm.

I am currently reading...  R.J. Rushdoony: Roots of Reconstruction, parts of Matthew Henry's Commentary, Sherlock Holmes, and my Bible. Oh, and Learning to Read and Write Japanese. =)

I am hoping… To see my dear friend soon...I miss her. :)

I am hearing…. The clock and the keyboard, both of which tick on and on.

On my mind…. This blog post.

Noticing that… I'm changing in lots of little ways that I can't quite put my finger on.

Around the house… In fairly good shape. Mom and I are going to tackle the den tomorrow, seeing as last week we tackled the kitchen and it is TOTALLY clean! I sat her down and said, "Okay, mom, you have THREE crockpots...one must go." And we did that all around the kitchen. It's very clean and organized now. One thing about it: when I'm married and have my own home, IT! WILL! BE! CLEAN! =D =D =D

One of my favorite things… My friend's voice on the other line. Snuggling into my slightly messy but oh-so-cozy bed every night after a long day. Hugging my horses and kissing their soft, fuzzy noses.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: School, school, school SCHOOL! Oh, and my brother's 15th Birthday tomorrow. =) Happy Birthday, Nate!
A picture(s) to share:..
 
 

No comments: