Monday, January 17, 2011

Reverie

Yes...I've been in one, lately. Mom bought me some new pens, and I've color-coded what I write. If I write in purple, I'm in a reverie moment or longing for something. If pink, I'm in a happy, giddy mood. Red, ANGRY! =) Blue, normal, cool, calm. Turquoise, ticked off. Deep red, upset. And green, a weird, not-quite-sure mood.
So far, almost ever thing has been pink or purple...mostly purple. :S
Just a lot of different stuff. Life. Friends. God. All sorts of stuff. I've recently run across several verses that caught my attention, for one reason or another:

1 John 4:10-11:
"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent HIs Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another."

1 John 5:14-16:
"This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests in which we have asked from Him. If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this."

1 Corinthians 9:25-27:
"Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we are imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

1 Corinthians 13:4-8:
"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seeks its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away, if there are gifts of tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away."

1 Timothy 2:1-7:
"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of truth."

Those are to just mention a few.
     I want to grow closer to God. Sometimes it's pretty hard; but He didn't say it'd be easy, did He? :) I want my friends to grow with me. I want to encourage them just as much as I want them to encourage me.

Today's been kinda sleepy. It's gray and gloomy, and COLD! Also today, we got a giagantor egg that looks like it came from a goose or something! 0.0 And yesterday, we got FOURTEEN eggs! YAY! Ah...I love my girls. :) That's now officially what I call them. =D

I suppose I'll go. Tootle-pip and all that good stuff.

Always Fighting,
-Han

No comments: