Friday, March 4, 2011

For the Name of Christ

"If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you."
1 Peter 4:14

"Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!"
Luke 6:22

So very true, isn't it?
I was thinking about this today, and decided to SAY something....
       A lot of Christians leave the internet and blogging world because one time too many they find their names on some forum where people make fun of them because they are Christians and do fight for Christ.
Why do they leave? Well, if their lives are at stake, which, if you don't give out a lot of personal information, they won't be, then I can see the reasoning behind it...but 95% of the time, it's because they're scared. 
We can't be scared. We have to speak what we believe, no matter what they say about us. And on the other hand, we do NOT hate them and return evil for evil in speaking bad of them....we pray for them.  That's another problem. A lot call themselves Christians, and as soon as they find their reputations made fun of, they turn around (and in a very UN-Christian like manner) slander them! What good on this entire, vast, massive, HUGE planet does that do!?
Um...nothing. Actually, yes, it does - it throws fuel into the fire. That's what it does.
The Bible says that we are to be blameless, and having "no appearance of evil".
As Christians, we take the insult, go our way, forgive them, and pray for them.
That's what we do.
Let me tell y'all - Jesus didn't turn around and holler insults back at those mocking Him, and further, he didn't turn and run. He took it. What a God we have! He took it! In doing so, what happened? He heaped burning coals on their heads! What did He say on the cross?
"Father, forgive them; they know not what they do."

I pray for all of those who hate me...I know they're out there. I haven't met them, I don't know a thing about them, but I do know that they're out there. How?

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
John 15:18-19

So, whoever you are...I pray for you. I know you may hate me...you may make fun of me and say bad things, but I pray for you anyway. I'm not angry at you....
Dear friends, please look to Christ - He is the way - the only way.

God bless you, and those of you who Blog for Him, don't be afraid....don't be hateful. Christ forgave......shouldn't we?

Always Fighting,
-Han

No comments: