Saturday, February 18, 2012

Four Year Blog Anniversary!!!


Today's the day, chaps an' chapesses!
I've officially reached my four year mark regarding blogging on Blogspot.

Four years ago today, I first sat down with mom and started a blog. I still remember searching my brain for a name. We came up with Waiting-Rose, which, sometime last year, (or was it year before?) transformed into DejaVu All Over Again.
A lot of you have been around since I first started; do you remember what it looked like? I'll describe it in one word for you:
PINK.
VERY, pink. With roses and flowers and castles and 'Waiting for Prince Charming' banners all over the place.
I'm not sure how to describe it now... but in my opinion, it's not as frivolous looking. Do I still love roses? Absolutely - but I'm in favor of Irises more. Do I still love pink? Yeppers. My room's pink! Am I still waiting for Prince Charming? No! I forgot to tell you - I'm married and have six kids. ^_^
... just kidding.
Yes, in a since, I am - but I'm not HALF as obsessed with it as I was back then. *shakes head* Nooo... not half.
The life of a 17 year-old isn't about waiting around in a bush garden for You-Know-Who to come striding up in shiny armor. (Personally... I'D prefer jeans and button up shirt. ^_^) ... back to the point. It's about doing everything to the best of your ability in serving CHRIST. My mind left prince charming a long time ago - not to say that I don't think about him. Oh, trust me... I DO - it's just not gazing out the window dramaaaatically every day like it was in 2008. XD (I'm embarrassing myself... )
Hey, you girls out there. Yeah, you: what's the point of doing that? We've got other people to worry about. I'm COMPLETELY occupied with the people in my life currently - I'm not going to concern myself with when he'll show up right now. I've got enough people to think about and pray for and love and - you get the point. :) Like I said; I'm not saying that I don't think about him. I'm a GIRL - of COURSE I think about him! =D
What I'm trying to say is: don't get too obsessed about Mr Knight-In-Shining-Armor. Look around and see who's in your life; and if you're not praying for people, either close friends/family or people you barely know - FIND SOMEBODY. There's plenty out there. Pick a person passing on the street - pick some of these celebrities and singers that need Christ - pick a family member or a friend, or someone you may only know their name and that's it. Find someone. No matter how far-gone someone is - it's NEVER too far-gone until they breathe their last. Ever.

At anyrate - thanks to all of my readers for sticking around for so long; I hope to continue blogging for a vvvvvvveeeeerrry long time to come. ^_^
Thanks for all the love and comments, and I hope you'll continue to stick around.

It's neat to look back and see how my blog's changed with me. Sadly, I don't have a screenshot of what my blog used to look like - but here's what *I* used to look like; you can kind of see how it's changed.








Keep holding on to Christ, no matter what you do. No matter how you change.
He's there.

Once again, thanks so much for being my readers! (even if you DON'T leave comments... *sniff* =D) Na, really. I know you're reading. ^_^
Thanks sooo much! Keep blogging, you people!


Love forever,
- Hannah



3 comments:

Autumn said...

Congrats!!! I love your blog sooo much , I find many words of comfort and peace here. And for that I thank you. Also your talking about living for Christ and still dreaming, awesome. Keep blogging.
God Bless,
Autumn

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting to four years! I'm pretty sure I was one of your first followers. It's so crazy to see how much you've changed. I love the pictures of you from then and now. So pretty. :]
I just hope I can make myself stay with the blog that I have now for four years. ^_^

Hannah Leigh said...

Autumn-
D'aw! Thanks! I appreciate it! I'm glad there's people that get good things out of it. ^_^ Thanks again!

Madison-
Hey, you! It's been a while! Thanks for the sweet comment.
YES! Stay with yours, girl! You can make it. ^_^

Thank you!
- hannah