Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dreams

I had a bad dream last night... I dreamed about a wreck. It was very real, and I couldn't help the boy in the car. He was crying, and in shock. All I could do is watch. It made me very sad.
The boy in the car was young - he was about 21 or so, and he was crying.
I woke up sad. It was very disturbing.

Dreams are so strange. Sometimes I love them, sometimes I hate them. There's been lots of times where I'll wake myself up and actually be crying. There's other times where I'll shoot up and have a huge smile on my face.
I love dreams. I hate dreams.

A friend and I had been talking about dreams, and we came to the conclusion that dreams are free movies you get to watch at night while your body rests. Dreams are really the only thing that's free these days. You don't have to pay to see them. The only problem is, most of the time, you can't get up and leave if you don't like it. You must see how it ends.

I've been thinking a lot today... just, in thought. My "Thinking Corner" is the rocking chair in my room. Often I'll just go in there and sit, rocking back and forth, staring at the wall, thinking. Sometimes about dreams, other times about people, and still others, my mind just wanders all over.

Sometimes dreams are the only way we'll meet people, or talk to people we already know about all sorts of things. Sometimes, dreams are an ESP for something that's going to happen soon. I've had those before, too. That's why stuff like this scares me, sometimes. If I have a bad dream, I'll be thoughtful over it all day. If I have a good dream, I'm very, very happy, and wonder, "Could this actually happen to me?" God gave us dreams... He gave us thoughts, ideas.
How can we not love Him?

I'm going to write down small excerpts from Psalms... not one in particular, but many. The last is from Jeremiah 29:11 ....

You have taken account of my wanderings; put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?
Let Your glory be above all the earth.
I trust in the lovingkindness of God forever and ever.
And I will wait on Your name, for it is good, in the presence of Your godly ones.
Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us; there is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, they would be too numerous to count.
I waited patiently for the Lord, and He inclined to me and heard my cry.
I groan because of the agitation of my heart.
Lord, all my desire is before You, and my sighing is not hidden from You. My heart throbs.
The steps of a man are established in the Lord, and He delights in his way.
When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
COmmit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it.
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently on Him.
Let the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
What is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You crown him wiht glory and majesty.
For You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you
'I am weary with my crying. O Lord, You are the strength from my youth.
For I know the plans that I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans for good and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope.

Fighting ...
- Hannah

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I m not trying to freak you out or anything but did you know the people you see in your dreams you have actually met or seen in your life before? Pretty cool hey!
Sad dream though =( I hate having those sort of dreams. Please check out my blog now and then! xx http://anonymousjumpforjoy.blogspot.com/
Ruby xx

Autumn said...

I feel the same way about dreams.
That verse often gives me comfort "I know' not "I'm thinking about " or "Maybe I will" but "I know." Its such a comforting verse.
~
Autumn

Blythe said...

A Free movie...I kind of like that idea! :)

Great post! I know what you mean about liking,but hating dreams.

-Blythe


www.asimplefarmgirl.blogspot.com

Hannah Leigh said...

Ruby -
I actually haven't had that... not that I know of. :) It's just situations and stuff that I find myself in.
I will! =D

Autumn -
Absolutely. The "I know" is my trust!

Blythe -
Love it, hate it. ^.^ That's the way life goes.