Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Day Book: Week One

Hi everyone!
I'm terribly sorry for not posting in a while; I was going to try to on Saturday, but we went to a Civil War Ball in Virginia. (If I can, I'll try to post the pictures soon; but it may be next week.)
Anyway, here is The Simple Woman's Day Book. I'm goin
g to strive to do one every week until the end of the year.
Also, in celebration of my 100th post, I am going to have all of my readers e-mail me and rate my blog on a scale of 1 to 10. I started this blog on February 18 of 2008, almost one year ago.Please, all of my readers, send in your votes! Rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.
And now, The Simple Woman's Day Book:




For Today: February 3rd, 2009
Outside my window: Cold, snowing, and windy.
I am thinking: About Bible Study tonight.
I am thankful for: A nice warm house to live in!
From the kitchen: The water fountain, with some lo
vely Classical music and the hushed clank of dishes.
I am wearing: Light beige skirt with a red three-quarter length shirt.
I am reading: Stepping Heavenward, Before You Meet Prince Charming, my Bible, and The Silver Buckle.
I am hoping: That God would help me to be a better daughter.

I am hearing: My keyboard, computer vent, water fountain, Cla ssical Music, and mom in the kitchen.
Around the house: Wonderfully clean!
One of my favorite things: My Purity Locket from Vision Forum.
I accomplished since last week: Keeping the house clean.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Keep the house clean, school, and drawing a few pictures.

Here is something special that I'm sharing with
you:



In Christ,
~Rose






14 comments:

Rachel said...

That is such a beautiful picture of the horses. :)

That sounds fun--a Civil War Ball! Can't wait to see some pics. :D
God bless!

Anonymous said...

Dear Rose,
Yay! Congraulations on your
100th post! :) I would definetely rate your blog a 10!
My sister and I have also read "Before You Meet Prince Charming." Sarah Mally is such a convicting author as well as a wonderful, godly inspiration. Have you ever read the other book she co-authored "Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends?" It's very funny and thought provoking! In one of her chapters Sarah lists the common faults and tendencies offirst borns. i am the oldest in my family and while I was reading her list I was mentally checking off some of the things! Have a great week and have a nice time at your Bible study! In Christ, Michaela

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hi Rose,

I enjoyed reading your post.The picture of the horses in the snow is so beautiful! Did you take it?

Much Love & Many Blessings,

~Miss McKenzie Elizabeth~

Joanna said...

A civil war ball! Oh, you are so blessed! I love balls, even though I have only gone to one. :) Please post pictures!
I will e-mail you.
~Joanna

Sarah said...

you went to a civil war ball! That sounds like SO much fun........ please post the pics as soon as you can. I wish our home school group would do something like that. :)


Sarah

Sarah said...

Oh, and btw I LOVE the pic of the horses!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

A Civil War Ball!! Awesome I hope you can post pictures! Did you go in costume? I'm a Civil War reenactor so I love hearing about things like that. :)

Hannah Leigh said...

Rachel~
Thanks, and I will try my best to post pictures sometime next week.

Michaela~
Thanks! Sarah Mally is VERY convicting, and I'll try to read her other book when I get the chance. (Right now, I have over SIX books that I'm reading at the same time.:)

McKenzie~
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Unfortunately, I didn't take the picture, but I had one like it of our horses; except it got deleted by accident, so I couldn't post it.:( Oh well, thanks again!

Joanna~
I shall try!

Sarah~
It indeed was MUCH fun! I will post the pictures, but they're a bit blurry...:(

Brooke~
Yes, I wore a pale blue dress with a hoop skirt, I'll try and post the pictures soon. :)

Thanks!
In Christ,
~Rose

Anonymous said...

interesting post! I love the picture!

Hannah Leigh said...

Thanks Lauren!

In Christ,
~Rose

♥Molly♥ said...

Civil war ball!!! So fun! We are going to a barn dance Valentimes night,and I got a civil war dress too! I have the "Before You Meet Prince Chrming" also,but I haven't read it yet...anyways great post!

In Christ...

~Molly

Hannah Leigh said...

That sounds like fun, Molly! You'll have to do a post afterward. :)
Before You Meet Prince Charming is a GREAT book, and I would strongly encourage you to read it.

Thanks!
In Christ,
~Rose

Anonymous said...

I just found waiting-rose.blogspot.com by surfing online, and found it is so sweet. Keep up the great work!

I have similar idea to this site.I hope we can work together
You can also get a tutor to help you. My friend told me he was helped a lot by outstanding [URL=http://www.bukisa.com/how-to/embed-video-into-bukisa-post ]english tuition singapore [/URL]. Can you also share me with your comments available here?

Hannah Leigh said...

Anonymous -
Hi! Thanks for stopping by; I'm glad you like my blog; feel free to comment on my newer posts.
I'm not sure if this is a spam comment or not; if it is, oh well; if not, let me know. :)

-hannah